Saturday, May 17, 2014

Peeler by Gord Rollo

Peeler is a cool character and this is a pretty cool little story. I really liked the main villain's back-story in this and the ending was pretty great. Also, this piece takes place in an asylum, and I'm a sucker for a good asylum story. I thought the writing wasn't as clear as it could have been at times, and found myself re-reading sentences here and there to try to decipher their meanings. I also found some of the procedures at the institution less than believable, the kind of reality bending that exists chiefly to get one character in the right place to interact with another character. I think the only way the author would been able to get around this would be to give the protagonist a totally different job at the asylum.

Don't let my persnickety comments above stop you from giving this a try. I'm pretty sure you can grab this risk-free ($0.00) from the Amazon at any given time.

No comments:

Post a Comment