Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Shadows, Kith and Kin by Joe R. Lansdale

I've never regretted reading a short story by Joe R. Lansdale. Every collection I've read by him so far has been thoroughly satisfying. For folks who like his Rev. Jebediah Raines (or Mercer) stories, there are two of them in this collection, one written specifically for this book. And for those who don't know who the Reverend is, he's kind of like a wild west Solomon Kane. Although I always greatly enjoy reading about the Reverend's adventures, the stories I liked the most here are:

"White Mule, Spotted Pig"
"The Events Concerning a Nude Fold-Out Found in a Harlequin Romance"

If you like horror, or weird west fiction, and you've not already read some Lansdale, I don't know what you've been doing. You really need to reevaluate how it is you've been spending your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment